Monday, November 25, 2013

50 years of Dr Who and the marvellous TARDIS party

What a fabulous weekend of 50 years of Dr. Who events and I really enjoyed the Dr. Who documentary created by the BBC. The highlight of the weekend was, of course, the fabulous movie, The Day of the Doctor.

We celebrated with a party, it was held at a friend's place and we had a smashing time. The costumes were amazing. I wore my TARDIS apron that I created last week and you can read my 'how-to' tutorial and make your very own. Its a great idea for a Christmas present. I'm happy to create one for you as well and you can order your very own on Etsy.

I thought you'd all enjoy seeing the creativity displayed by all the guests at the party.

I wore my vintage 1950s circular skirt underneath, it has images of Paris printed all over it so I could be 'bigger on the inside'







***********************************************************************************************

I'm The Tailor's Apprentice, maker of The Miss Page 1940s reproduction patterns, gowns developed from pattern pieces found amongst the remnants of Miss Violet Florence Page’s life and work. Affordable, elegant, and unique garments from the 1940s war years. 

All my patterns are available on Etsy and my website where you'll find out more about me as well. This year I am publishing an 1820s gown wardrobe pattern and an Australian Army Nurses Services WWI uniform pattern.


If you'd liked to be included on my mailing list for events, pattern release dates and interesting snippets about vintage and historic sewing, please subscribe to my Newsletter on The Tailor's Apprentice website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.