Monday, February 27, 2012

1920s Afternoon Tea Dance at The Paragon Cafe in Katoomba

Anka, Michael and myself
Yesterday the Parragon Cafe, Katoomba, The Tailor's Apprentice and the Roaring 20s and All That Jazz Festival held an Afternoon Tea Dance in the glorious art deco surounds of the Parragon Cafe.

What an event it was! Our performers, Anka and Michael delighted us with the 20s jazz age music of Europe.

Robyn Parker, owner of The Parragon Cafe, Katoomba and her excellent staff, provided a sumptuous afternoon tea, with champagne cocktails.

We danced the Charleston, the Black Bottom, the Tango and so much more!

My gown is a copy of one from Madeline Vionnet's 1929 Atelier collection taken from Janet Arnold's Pattern of Fashion. I've never posted about making this gown, I should do so, one day I hope!

I left my camera behind so only have photos from others, here's some of the afternoon in pictures ...




All the gentlemen c. Over the Moon Photography

All the gentlemen c. Over the Moon Photography

Dancing feet c. Over the Moon Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.