Friday, November 26, 2010

Quilt classes - Make your Dream Quilt

Want to make a quilt, but don't know where to start? Then come and join my quilt making course starting in February 2011.

Over 10 weeks you will make a double bed quilt top and back, learn simple quilt 'tieing' techniques and how to bind your finished quilt.

I've been quilting since the mid 1990's and I love bringing my passion for quilt making to my students.

Making a quilt links you to a rich and creative history.  Like vintage and historical dress making, quilting is something that women have done for thousands of years. 
 
I run classes on quilting in my Blue Mountain studio or in your home, both machine and hand piecing techniques are taught.  


A Dyed and Gone to Heaven pattern
Making a quilt has many parts, the first is to piece and/or appliqué your quilt 'top', this is the first creative part.


My next course starts in February 2011, Sunday 6th.



A traditional Irish Chain
In my classes we use traditional piecing and appliqué techniques, once we understand the basic processes we are able to 'turn them on their head' and create contemporary designs. We look at colour theory, fabric choices and learn tips and tricks that make quilt piecing easy-peasy.  


Over the 10 weeks you will make a double bed quilt top and back, learn simple quilt 'tieing' techniques and how to bind your finished quilt.
Close-up of Irish Chain and machine quilting



An Icon to the Kitchen Goddess
 Contact me to find out more: enquiries@thetailorsapprentice.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.