Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A day in the life of The Tailor.....


I had to do the following exercise for my business coach Terri Cooke of Success Zone, so I thought I'd blog it as well.... enjoy a day in my life.

Awoke early to be picked up by Lyn and Jenny to go for our morning walk. A beautiful morning, sun shining, birds singing and business planning and ideas flying fast and furious as we walk. Home to breakfast and then catch up on social media and emails.

I then did the paperwork and online form filling to lodge my Saturday wedding, my other business hat of Offbeat Ceremonies. The ceremony was a glorious affair where the couple pledged to work towards sustaining our valuable planet in both business and family life.

At 9 a.m. my work experience student Phoebe arrives. Over the week we have been working on drafting out two garments; a Henrican gown from The Tudor Tailor and A Regency (1795 – 1810) Riding Habit from Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion 1. The first is for another student coming on Saturday and the second is Phoebe's personal project for the week.

Phoebe and I start to finalise the drafting of her jacket for A Regency (1795 – 1810) Riding Habit

At 9.30 a.m. my one-on-one student arrives and we continue with her 1940’s girls dress that we are making. The morning flies with sewing, creativity, learning and laughter. Lunch comes too soon and the end of my one-on-one lesson.

In the afternoon Phoebe and I start to put together the toile of her jacket, this is a very complex task for her as she has only worked with contemporary patterns till now.  She finds it a fascinating task though and as we go, we take photos and note our method. Our intention is to turn it into a blog post once it is completed. The afternoon flies as fast as the morning and Phoebe has to fly for her train home at 4.30 p.m.

I then get ready for my Women in Networking meeting in Springwood where I am a mentoree in their 2011 program for budding businesswomen in the Blue Mountains, a wonderful night of discussion, food, wine and friendship.

I return home to my beloved partner for some quiet time and chat.

Life is good, full of joy, creativity and rich in both monetary and lifestyle delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.